User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 14.7K users
Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.
687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well a new rumor is that a leaked image shows the Xbox One's E3 lineup here's the link

http://www.screwattack.com/news/rumor-leaked-picture-suggests-halo-5-fable-iv-and-new-banjo-kazooie

So after you have checked out the link what do you guys think? Some of the games are ones already shown at the Xbox One reveal and then there's Banjo Kazooie Grunty Land shown on the image. Its cool BK may get a new game if this turns out to be true but i have a bad feeling it could be a mini game collection or something like that. Its just a bad feeling from two things. One is Rare has only been working on Kinect Sports for the last few years which is a mini game collection and then there's the title BK Grunty Land because it sounds like a mini game collection made in a theme park that was created by Grunty. It could be a platformer but this is just my personal thoughts on some speculation on what it could be or if the image is even true :/
  • VERY unsure about this. Grunty-Land sounds, as Ryan says, like a mini-game collection, while Fable IV? They're remaking the original one, they don't really have time to make a new one.

Will wait and see.
  • As a massive Banjo-Kazooie fan, allow me to say-

On Xbox One? Dead to me.
  • If the leak is genuine...
    They finally have some good news and it is possible it will be a real Banjo-kazooie game and Fable has always been the best thing on the Xbox...
  • Fable 1 yes. 2 or 3, not so much.
  • Darth Marsden;799712 said:
    VERY unsure about this. Grunty-Land sounds, as Ryan says, like a mini-game collection, while Fable IV? They're remaking the original one, they don't really have time to make a new one.

Will wait and see.
    It would probably be the first Fable game without Molyneux, which could only be a good thing.
  • Hudomonkey;799771 said:
    If the leak is genuine...
    They finally have some good news and it is possible it will be a real Banjo-kazooie game and Fable has always been the best thing on the Xbox...
    Meh still not enough to warrent getting an Xbox One. Even so, my trust in Rare to make a good BK game is gone completely because it sounds like a Kinect mini game collection like Kinect Sports and wasn't Fable 2 & 3 crap?
  • and perfect dark zero was utter trash, killer instinct looked great but played like crap or was that number 2 i dunno..

the xbox live arcade remake of perfect dark '64' was pretty good.

and goldenye was remade by someone else and they ruined it...the wii version is awfull i may have to get it on xbox lol
  • Leak disproven, topic locked.

Not saying nothing is true, I mean, Spartan Assault is definitely coming (on Windows 8), but the leak is most likely not legit.
Add Comment