User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 35.6K users
Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.
1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • alcoremortis;801024 said:
    the fantastic four (1994)

this movie was kinda hilarious in how completely bad it was, which is just enough to be funny. It's like a bad episode of star trek except that star trek had the excuse of being produced in the sixties.
    A QWEEElEEEN! A QWEEEEN!
  • Noname215;800960 said:
    The Purge 8/10

While I can tell the movie had a meager budget, it paid off with those creepy ass masks.
    Have you seen 'The Strangers', perchance?
  • Hayden;801034 said:
    Have you seen 'The Strangers', perchance?
    Oh, God...

• It's not an amazing film, but it gradually built up a very tense atmosphere, and executed a few things really well. I'm not sure how much it would impact seasoned horror fans, but it certainly had an effect on me when I watched it. I was looking over my shoulder for weeks.

Recommended.
  • Why would you ever kill the lights as a defense strategy against killer doll people?
  • Alcoremortis;801082 said:
    Why would you ever kill the lights as a defense strategy against killer doll people?
    Because, in an otherwise dark, bleak woods, it's very easy to spot a house with the lights on, and just as easy to see what's going on inside it.
  • To be perfectly fair, I'd probably just leave those lights on. Because the killer dolls probably have darkvision or something and I'm not crippling myself on the off chance that they detect light in exactly the same way I do. And even if they did, unless I was a blind kung fu master, I still wouldn't want to cripple myself in that way.
  • And to perfectly honest, I would do the exact same, for those exact reasons.
  • This Is The End

I really don’t know how to rate this movie. I laughed at some points, at others I found it to be lame. Overall, it was alright.
  • Watchmen

I rather liked it even though, once again, my favorite character died. This generally seems to happen with my favorite characters. But I really enjoyed the gritty feel, morally ambiguous storyline, muted colors, and the surreal atmosphere at some points.
Add Comment