157 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I never boycotted Monkey Island 2 for its ending.
  • Gman5852;802111 said:
    I never understood boycotting ME3 for the ending. Yes it was bad, but the rest game was amazing!
    Boycottet ME3 because it is still not released on PC.
    Boycot still intact. Release the game already EA!
  • The rest of ME3 was a chore to get through, an endless slog of corridors with little plot or any incentive to continue. The ending was, in my opinion, fitting for the dreary slog that comprised the rest of the game.

And chore is exactly the correct word. The narrative was bogged down with so many sidequests that I barely felt any urgency in dealing with the Reaper threat. It felt like a shopping list of things that needed to be purchased before I would have enough food to survive the apocalypse. Why did Commander Shepherd need to be the one to find that old religious relic on that random planet? I really have no idea. It took me out of the story because in my mind Commander Shepherd should not be involved with fetch quests in the middle of the worst crisis of the last 50,000 years. It's just a silly reminder that you are, in fact, playing a game. Which you are, but I felt that the subject matter should have dictated immersion.
  • But Commander Sheppard was killed by Saron in Mass Effect 1...
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    der_ketzer;802104 said:

Oh god this game relaeses 20 minutes later than on XXXXX. I will never use YYYYY again. This sucks.
    Heard it many times.
    Well, it's kind of the right forum for this kind of utterance. :o
  • Vainamoinen;802132 said:
    Well, it's kind of the right forum for this kind of utterance. :o
    My favourite part of TTG release days.
  • Hudomonkey;802116 said:
    But Commander Sheppard was killed by Saron in Mass Effect 1...
    No. She died at the end of ME2.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    der_ketzer;802135 said:
    No. She died at the end of ME2.
    No. She died at the BEGINNING of ME2.
  • Vainamoinen;802141 said:
    No. She died at the BEGINNING of ME2.
    We said the same thing. ME2 was really short.
  • Commander Shepherd dies so many times, her father was probably Rory Williams. Somehow.

I gotta say. People say FemShep, but in my mind, the female Commander Shepherd is the only one there is. I mean, she's such a badass hot lady, why would I ever trade her out for some generic space marine Shepherd?
Add Comment