User Avatar Image

Super Smash Bros thread.

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
Well since there is a new Smash Bros game coming for the 3DS & Wii U i think it would be the right time to have a Smash Bros thread. Generally in this thread you can talk about the games, make lists of characters you wish were added, talk about stages, favorite characters and other things about Smash Bros. Also if you want you can try and set up Smash Bros Brawl Matches to play online so if anyone wants my Smash Bros Friend code just PM me :)

For people wondering the person i mainly play as is Sonic :/
50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If Mega Man can use his Mega blaster then i think getting the smash ball will be no problem for him.
  • ryannumber1gamer;801832 said:
    If Mega Man can use his Mega blaster then i think getting the smash ball will be no problem for him.
    I'm glad they included his various power-ups. Otherwise he'd just be a rubbish version of Samus. Although how they'll implement it I have no idea.
  • Maybe it works like Kirby, maybe Mega Man can copy the powers of other fighters.
  • Rather Dashing;801754 said:
    HEY GUYS! Let's talk about ALL THE NEW THINGS we now know about the new Smash Bros!

...Oh, oh, we just got a trailer confirming what we already know, and then added two new characters. Then the after-the-fact announcement that a glorified piece of game UI is going to be playable. Okay. So basically nothing of any value whatsoever that merits any discussion other than "Oh. Huh, they did that. Okay."
    Are you saying you AREN'T excited about the Wii Fit Trainer as a playable character?
    Friar;801833 said:
    I'm glad they included his various power-ups. Otherwise he'd just be a rubbish version of Samus. Although how they'll implement it I have no idea.
    They are just his regular attacks. He doesn't switch forms like Zelda/Shiek.
    EDIT:yep. They are just his regular attacks

Well, that certainly is a smash bros game all right! Would love it if they just went "all brawl characters return, here are the new guys!" for announcements, but odds are they will just mix and match between "new" and "old" announcements.
  • Best idea for characters ever. Miyamoto and Iwata join the fight as an Ice Climbers style tag-team matchup.
  • Gibbeynator;801910 said:
    Best idea for characters ever. Miyamoto and Iwata join the fight as an Ice Climbers style tag-team matchup.
    I'd say that was impossible, but had you said yesterday "the lady from wii fit would be playable", I would have said the same thing.
  • So the universal consensus is that The Villager in the new Smash Bros. game is a psychotic murderer.

On that note...

• I am still in shock that we got trailers. I wasn't expecting anything more than a single screenshot with the caption: "Yes, we ARE working on it". So. First impressions. 3DS version looks pretty darn nice. Noticed 2 Zelda stages with the 3DS version, the Spirit Tracks stage and for a few seconds just before that, Gerudo Valley. Hoping that the 3DS/DS centric stages don't indicate they'll only be on the 3DS. The Wii U version. Mario, for some reason, has LESS detail than he did in Brawl. Kinda curious that they went with Twilight Princess Link again instead of Skyward Sword Link, especially considering the Skyloft stage(GONNA BE AMAZING!). Noticed that Samus is in her Other M style, so I like that a lot. Kinda wish we'd have gotten to see that sexy Zero Suit Samus though. The new Battlefield looks great, and I like that little wrestling ring stage. As for new characters...Wii trainer chick is kinda...wtf? Same with Animal Crossing person. BUT MEGA MAN!!!
  • User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator
    Saw this while lurking on NeoGAF. The Creepy Villager memes slay me.
    EDIT: Have some more:
  • Shadowknight1;802270 said:
    Kinda curious that they went with Twilight Princess Link again instead of Skyward Sword Link, especially considering the Skyloft stage(GONNA BE AMAZING!).
    I feel like it's kind of a half-way point between the designs (which are more similar than I thought they were)

Brawl/TP:

Skyward Sword:

New Smash Bros:

Hmm
Add Comment