User Avatar Image

What happened to the store merchandising?

posted by Stika on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
I remember a few years back there was plenty of Monkey Island and Sam & Max themed merch.

Posters, buttons, coffee mugs, etc.

what happened to them? I can't find them anywhere :\
32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think it's probably rights issues. Walking Dead, Back to the future and Jurassic park were popular mainstream franchises, and Universal probably had merchandising deals with other companies. And given how many licenses are involved in games like Poker night, having merch for that would be a nightmare to negotiate. And Telltale would probably be left with very little after everyone took their cut.

As for the rest of the stuff disappearing, maybe the rights expired/ were withdrawn (lucas arts has changed pretty spectacularly since ToMI).
  • Friar;796228 said:
    As for the rest of the stuff disappearing, maybe the rights expired/ were withdrawn
    But a large chunk of it was Sam & Max, and I'd be surprised if Purcell would ever disallow Telltale to do Sam & Max merch.
    (lucas arts has changed pretty spectacularly since ToMI).
    Considering that LucasArts doesn't exist anymore, yeah, I'd say that's a pretty spectacular change.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    GuruGuru214;796234 said:
    Considering that LucasArts doesn't exist anymore, yeah, I'd say that's a pretty spectacular change.
    Now THAT is debatable. ;) ;)
  • Actually I didn't like the fact that my thread was merged with another one,I posted mine as a personal appeal to Telltale,didn't want it get merged with an already existing one.

POSTERS please!Make some game posters! :(
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Foinikas;796538 said:
    Actually I didn't like the fact that my thread was merged with another one,I posted mine as a personal appeal to Telltale,didn't want it get merged with an already existing one.
    Send your personal pleas to Telltale via email. This is a community forum. ;)
  • flesk;792514 said:
    The coffee mugs turned out to be extremely poisonous. I don't know what happened to the rest of the merchandise though.

Err, what? Shouldn't TTG have warned ppl who bought one? Like me????
    :eek:
  • They weren't really poisonous. Just the State of California thought so. And they included a warning about it.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Since moving here, I've seen the same warning posted in Starbucks.
  • I might have exaggerated a little.
Add Comment