User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 14.6K users
Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.
687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah this actually changed very little for me. I'm still getting a PS4 on the fact that it is $100 cheaper alone. However, this doesn't mean I won't buy it later down the line, which I guess is a plus for Microsoft.
  • It means that eventually I might get an Xbox one...
    Long Term...
    Well...
    They might announce Viva Pinata 3...
  • This is great news that I really didn't see coming. Kudos to Microsoft for listening to their customers. That being said, I'll still buy a PS4 before an Xbox simply because of the price difference and the fact that it looks like Sony is better at supporting indie developers.
  • Actually, bringing up the argument when this was just a rumor, that they were talking about all of this at E3.... why didn't they announce they weren't doing that AT E3?
  • Any publicity is good publicity, and the XBO has been on everyone's mind, with everyone tuning in to Microsoft events to see what's going to happen for the better part of a month. Or even longer, if we go all the way back to Adam Orth's comment.
  • They may have finally listened to all the negative backlash, but I am still not buying the console.
  • They're still fucked. Screwed the pooch. Toast. Lost. They deserve it too.
  • The more I think about it the more I feel like they should have stuck with their guns... The damage has been done, might as well make the best of it. The DRM crap was never a hardware problem, it was a PR problem, and they botched the hell out of it from a PR perspective
  • I don't think any amount of PR would have made that lot palatable. Maybe next generation, when people are always online and console discs are a thing of the past... not now.
  • They still have this 24/7 spycam they force you to install in your living room, don't they? Still no interest.
Add Comment