User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 13.9K users
Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.
687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • some exclusives are better than others..

but xbox gets stuff quicker/first..

some people want to be first in line..
  • Price is still a huge factor. It's not the only factor, but it can make or break success.
  • Dreamcast came out before PS2 and was cheaper.

But it also had fewer games.
  • Aww now I miss Shenmue!
  • Milosuperspesh;803859 said:
    no johro.. just no..

a price of a console means nothing with out the games...
    Then tell me why the 360 sold so well when their exclusives were shit compared to the exclusives on the PS3.
  • Milosuperspesh;803861 said:
    some exclusives are better than others..

but xbox gets stuff quicker/first..

some people want to be first in line..
    Xbox One

Dead Rising 3 looks like something out of COD. Instead of being comical like Dead Rising 2, its dark & gritty.

Halo is just Halo

Sunset overdrive looks good

Forza looks like a normal racer

Xbox Live Gold recently announced 2 free 4 year old games every month

PS4

Has Drive Club and has made it first person.

Has inFamous Second Son which is being developed by Sucker Punch one of the best Sony developers.

Has Killzone Shadow Fall again a first person shooter and I didn't really play any Killzome games so.

Knack looks like a creative game.

PS Plus gives me around 5 free games every month and most being under 2 years old.
  • der_ketzer;803894 said:
    Then tell me why the 360 sold so well when their exclusives were shit compared to the exclusives on the PS3.
    The same reason the Classic XBox didn't fail - teh Haloz.

Microsoft targeted their consoles at the people most likely to play online - male teens - and got some good games geared towards them. Dead Rising, Gears of War, Halo...

Just because Sony had the better exclusives (and they did) didn't stop people who'd gotten into gaming through Halo wanting to keep getting the newer games in the series, or continue with the same console that got them into gaming. Brand loyalty and all that.

And the Jimquistion has a special on the 180 debacle.
  • coolsome;803873 said:
    Aww now I miss Shenmue!
    I have heard of that game before is it any good ?
  • It's dated. Badly. And a lot of the features it introduced are widely despised (quick time events, anyone?). But overall, the Shenmue series has a compelling story that, if nothing else, I'd love to see finished in some form.
  • I don't hate QTE and I like it in Shenmue where you are chasing someone they throw like pipes down and you then have to quickly press A and B or something to jump over it makes it fast paced and doesn't just feel like press this to win.
Add Comment