User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 104.3K users
Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D
730 Comments
  • Yep, that was me. Thank you! I'll make sure to post some more recent work soon-- the drawing I uploaded is a couple years old now, and I think my skills have improved since then.
  • I was actually thinking of these, but maybe that's not you? I just looked up your PNatI fan art and it looks promising too, but not as polished as the Psychonauts art. I especially like the asylum inmates sketch and the one with Ford Cruller in it.
  • flesk;791389 said:
    I was actually thinking of these, but maybe that's not you? I just looked up your PNatI fan art and it looks promising too, but not as polished as the Psychonauts art. I especially like the asylum inmates sketch and the one with Ford Cruller in it.
    That's me too! Sorry about that. The Psychonauts art is more recent, yeah. I still have to finish those, I've been busy with schoolwork and such.
  • Hi people. I am SLH1222. I mainly talk about the walking dead. So if you would like to talk to me about the walking dead, PLEASE DO SO! :D :D :D
  • Hello everybody! I'm Blue. I've got a dog. I've been playing video games since before I knew how to read (I actually think playing them improved my reading skills), and hope to work in the industry someday as a writer (I'm looking at you guys, Telltale!). I just graduated from college and looking for a career. I enjoy video games, hiking, swimming and trying new things.

I'm working on a game right now as the writer and project director but we're not getting much done....:<
  • I signed up about four years ago, and haven't visited much. Played two seasons of Sam and Max on Wii (hoping the third will be on Wii U), All five episodes if Strong Bad on Wiiware, got an episode of Wallace and Gromit (3), and an episode Monkey Island (1), and Poker Night at the Inventory.

I'm a Graphic Designer, Retro Gamer, Secret Agent (but not very secret), Webcomic fan, and I like Dunkin Donuts.

I have made fan made game covers not made by Telltale, but still look awesome!

http://terrific21.deviantart.com/art/The-Astonishing-Lucas-Faria-117744898

http://terrific21.deviantart.com/art/Lucas-Faria-Sequel-136289778?q=gallery%3Aterrific21%2F7167382&qo=31

Thank you.
  • Awesome. Hope to see you around these parts more often!
  • Hi to everyone :D

My name is Luca and I'm a great monkey island enthusiast. I'm italian so you can picture me waving my hands and talking loudly. I'm actually a photographer, trying to convert video game/cartoon images in photographic images. I'm gonna post some stuff in the "tales of monkey island" forum, so have a look if you're interested!
  • Hi Everyone !
    My name is Leandro and I am from Argentina !
    I learned about this forum by the good guys at Double Fine Action Forum , so here I am !
  • Hey!
    I'm David!
    I've been a gamer since forever!
    At first a console, but later a PC-gamer only!
    I enjoy many different games, but the games I currently play are:
    League of Legends, Crusader Kings 2, Sam & Max & Minecraft (Work)

And what does that work mean? It means I don't really play it, I use Minecraft as a tool in my job.

https://mojang.com/2011/10/minecraft-empowers-people-to-change-their-block/

Besides gaming I like music, mostly 60's but I listen to alot of other music too!
    And how did I find my way here? Well I played The Walking Dead last year, which became my game of the year!

What more... Oh! I'm 22 years old and I have a cat named Batman! ;)
Add Comment