1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm tired of adventure game elitism. Oh, no, we're too HIGHBROW for Leisure Suit Larry now? Bite my leisurely suited ass.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    I don't see that. In fact, in my German adventure forum, they are discussing the things they licked in that game right now. :D
  • Gee, where I've been, everyone's complained about the interface, the jokes, the style of humor, that it's a Larry game at all, and the graphical style.
  • I never liked Leisure Suit Larry but I get the appeal.
  • DAISHI;806827 said:
    I never liked Leisure Suit Larry but I get the appeal.
    Yeah, there's two reasons for that.

1. You are Leisure Suit Larry and don't appreciate the self-depreciation.

2. You're one of those "I'm too highbrow for Sierra humor" people.

I just love picking on you.
  • I loved King's Quest I think that qualifies as Sierra humor :P Also, Black Cauldron is my favorite game of all time. I cannot emphasize that enough.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    DAISHI;806827 said:
    I never liked Leisure Suit Larry but I get the appeal.
    I always thought you looked a bit like him.
  • King's Quest? Ridiculous. That game is archaic. Nobody does that anymore.

Also, I don't actually remember any low brow Sierra humor in King's Quest or Black Cauldron? There was humor, but nothing of that kind.
  • Secret Fawful;806819 said:
    Gee, where I've been, everyone's complained about the interface, the jokes, the style of humor, that it's a Larry game at all, and the graphical style.
    Come to Germany. We love that stuff over here.

Also: I though I might have a look at Zelda: Spirit Tracks and now I have no idea what to play because I want to play Fire Emblem AND Zelda now.
  • Play the Oracle games?
This discussion has been closed.