posted by Crimsonnutcase on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
I have played through episode 1, my choices don't carry over at all

I am playing on a mac
23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Alright.
    You have 2 active prefs.prop files.

Please run this script to fix it. It creates backup copies of both prefs.prop files, and moves the Steam prefs.prop to the savegame folder.
  • The file “prefs_steam2save.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Okay, same as before in the terminal, with this command:
    chmod +x /Users/mcmaho25/Downloads/Mac_Support_Tool/Mac_prefs_steam2save/prefs_steam2save.command
  • /Users/mcmaho25/Downloads/Mac_Support_Tool/Mac_prefs_steam2save/prefs_steam2save.command: No such file or directory
    comm-114:~ mcmaho25$
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    My fault. Made a copy and paste mistake. Please try this:
    chmod +x /Users/mcmaho25/Downloads/Mac_prefs_steam2save/prefs_steam2save.command
  • comm-114:~ mcmaho25$ chmod +x /Users/mcmaho25/Downloads/Mac_prefs_steam2save/prefs_steam2save.command
    comm-114:~ mcmaho25$ chmod +x /Users/mcmaho25/Downloads/Mac_prefs_steam2save/prefs_steam2save.command
    comm-114:~ mcmaho25$
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    That looks good. Now run the prefs_steam2save.command by double clicking, and then check if the game shows the correct choices.
  • Last login: Thu Jul 11 23:52:36 on ttys000
    comm-114:~ mcmaho25$ /Users/mcmaho25/Downloads/Mac_prefs_steam2save/prefs_steam2save.command ; exit;
    creating prefs.prop backups
    Moving Steam prefs.prop to Savegame folder
    mv: /Users/mcmaho25/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/The Walking Dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/default/prefs.prop: No such file or directory
    logout

[Process completed]

I'll check now and see if it has worked
  • Thank you, everythings fixed
This discussion has been closed.