User Avatar Image

[PC/Steam] Issue with 400 Days DLC - Purchased, but it shows ingame as "Coming Soon"

posted by Strong Ad on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users
So this is what it looks like ingame (Play->Arrow to the right from Ep. 5->Coming Soon Button)

Episode status looks very similar.

So what's the deal? Why can't I access this content yet?

Edit:Alright I got it to work.

Right click on the game in your Steam Library and click 'Properties.' Then go to the 'Local Files' tab. Finally click the 'Verify Game Cache' button and an update should start. Then the DLC should work.
13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Whenever I start up The Walking Dead on my PC, all I've got when I go to 'Download Content' is Episodes 1-5 INSTALLED. But no sign of 400 Days saying 'Coming Soon'? Do I need an update or something?
  • Alright I got it to work I think.

Right click on the game in your Steam Library and click 'Properties.' Then go to the 'Local Files' tab. Finally click the 'Verify Game Cache' button and an update should start. Then I think the DLC should work.

Edit: It works for sure.
  • Not working for me, even reinstalled from scratch. Still stuck on "coming soon".

Edit:
    After exiting steam the third time, first after reinstall, it finally works.
  • Same error, here. Validated my cache twice and no luck at all.

EDIT: And now it crashes when I try starting the game from Steam. Great...
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    This is dumb but have you tried restarting steam?
  • Yup. Reinstalled and validated it again though and now it works.

EDIT: Scratch that it goes back to crashing as soon as I exited the game. So still seems to be a problem.
  • I have the same problem. And i have bought the game from Telltales store.
    And i get no internet connection when i try to download ep 2-5.
  • same problem. :-( no connection for ep.2-5
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff
    We are aware of this issue and currently looking into a solution. Can you tell me if you are playing on Mac or PC and what OS you are using?
  • Is there a solution for this yet? I've tried verifying the cache but it still doesn't work. If I reinstall the game, will I lose all my save data? I've lost my save data 3 times already while playing through the regular episodes. I don't particularly want to start from the beginning AGAIN.

Edit: Sorry, I should mention that I'm on Steam with Win 7 64-bit.
This discussion has been closed.