User Avatar Image

What's Your Favorite Kind of Zombie?

posted by HiggsBoson2142 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users
Reanimated Corpses
Night of the Living Dead, The Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead
Walk slowly, brain must be destroyed, limited intelligence.

Infected Humans
Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later,World War Z (Film), Zombieland, Left 4 Dead, The Last of Us
Fast running speed, fast turning time, began by virus.

Mutated Infected
The Last of Us, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil
Superhuman abilities (Advanced hearing, throwable toxins)
64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Infected, then died and reanimated as slow-walking zombies. The focus of the plot, like Bioshock said, will be about scavenging and survival. No "cure" can save you.
  • It's all slow, people turn on each other ,supply's dwindle, and almost everyone dies, it's just more interesting since fast zombies results in everyone dying long before they turn on each other.
  • I like Zombies which are friendly and just go to a Disco and hang out and maybe listen to some gothic poetry at a night club
  • i would say that mutated infected aren't zombies though, they would be in the category of mutants
  • Crixus;823908 said:
    The slow reanimated corpses type. To be honest if zombies where like 28 days later I don't really think it's plausible that hardly anyone would survive they are just too damn fast and too easy to get infected by,at least with the walking dead zombies as long as you have a fortified location you can deal with them easily enough,it's the lack of food and the living that are the real problems then.

This.

I also prefer the undead shamblers because survivors can become more 'complacent' about them leading to some serious trouble.

Romero's Dawn of the Dead is one of my favourite films. Shambling zombies fucking about on mall escalators to shitty mall music is about one of the most brilliant things ever :D
  • I have a soft spot for Snyder's Dawn of the Dead 'remake'. Mustachioed anti-hero CJ has shades of Kenny.
  • Sick Octopus;823981 said:
    I have a soft spot for Snyder's Dawn of the Dead 'remake'. Mustachioed anti-hero CJ has shades of Kenny.
    Yeah definitely,I think someone actually mentioned on this forum wondering was the character Kenny inspired by him. He had a pretty badass Death if I recall.
  • Crixus;823987 said:
    Yeah definitely,I think someone actually mentioned on this forum wondering was the character Kenny inspired by him. He had a pretty badass Death if I recall.
    Absolutely.

Last line: "Fuckin' figures!"

• Sick Octopus;823993 said:
    Absolutely.

Last line: "Fuckin' figures!"

Kenny even has the hat and moustache too,plus both had heroic deaths if Kenny did indeed die.

• I have never seen that movie, but Holy Shit Kenny was on the big screen, miracles can happen.
This discussion has been closed.