User Avatar Image

What's Your Favorite Kind of Zombie?

posted by HiggsBoson2142 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users
Reanimated Corpses
Night of the Living Dead, The Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead
Walk slowly, brain must be destroyed, limited intelligence.

Infected Humans
Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later,World War Z (Film), Zombieland, Left 4 Dead, The Last of Us
Fast running speed, fast turning time, began by virus.

Mutated Infected
The Last of Us, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil
Superhuman abilities (Advanced hearing, throwable toxins)
64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Saoralba131;825118 said:
    Also I would suggest you do not watch Diary of the dead if you haven't already seen it,it was mediocre.
    I agree.

I'm a huge Romero fan but his recent films are somewhat disappointing. Watchable but lacking what made the first three so good. Land of the Dead was the better of the recent three, had some interesting ideas, particularly with the 'learning' zombie (first developed in Day of the Dead) but it fell flat as a Romero film, for me personally. Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead? I could hardly believe Romero had worked on them.
  • I think Land of the Dead could have been absolutely fricking awesome had it been approached a little differently; had great potential.
  • Bioshock Infinite WD;825125 said:
    Okay, also a good heads up, movie reviews can really only go so far you know.
    True but Diary of the Dead, and Survival of the Dead, are I believe the most recent of the Living Dead movies. And as we all know, sequels can only get worse and worse.

Well, not all the time. But in most cases.
  • In those three cases, plus Terminator 2, and Aliens, but most of the time you are right.
  • That and Survival of the Dead does not at all sound as cool as Night of the Living Dead, or Dawn of the Dead.
  • I prefer the slow moving zombies. It makes more sense that they would move slow because they should be slowly decomposing and their limbs can be severed easier than a living person's. The zombies in 28 days later take the piss. They run at break neck speeds and never twist their ankles or break any bones.
  • The infected from 28 Days Later are so thoroughly rabid, I doubt they have time for pain.
  • Disregard shattered tibia and being on fire, must continue to rage run until starving and lethargic.
  • But you can't call them zombies, infected is the word, which for some reason annoys me.
  • Big fan of 28 days/weeks, but i still prefer the good old slow zombies.
This discussion has been closed.