User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 53.1K users
basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore
3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Still enjoying the hell out of Shantae. I'm about to start the fourth labyrinth, and the game's still amazing me.
  • Finished Shantae. I'll post about it later in the rating thread, but for now, let's just say I absolutely loved it. I'm about to start Risky's Revenge now.
  • Does New Art Academy count?
    Because damn is it good fun to do the lessons! :D
    (I think its because you get a nice piccy at the end of it like this one I drew)

Well that one arrived way faster than expected. And I'm glued to my 3DS since it arrived (played over 5 hours already). It's great! Thinking about getting the second game too now.
  • Skyrim.

I told my wife that I wanted to play Skyrim but should really finish playing Dragon Age: Origins. She said if I wanted to play Skyrim, then I should play Skyrim. So, I am.

So far, I got the first dragon shout.

It's not the absolute most unbelievably wonderful game ever made in all the universe, as some people seem to say that it is, but it's still really pretty good.

Also, I find it baffling as to why DA:O is 24gb in size, when Skyrim is 8.8gb...
  • Well Bethesda has lways been pretty good with file sizes in the Elderscrolls series. All of Morrowind was on 1 CD. Oblivion was on 1 DVD but that was because of all the voice acting in the first place.

When you realize it's after 3 AM because you saw the timestamps when you're checking what achievements you've just unlocked, you have a problem.

Fallout is great, but I'm lost.
  • Where are you? Maybe I can give you a hint. I've so far replayed a good chunk of the game, so it's pretty fresh.
  • Xcom: Enemy Unknown: I've beaten it before, but on normal difficulty. From normal to classic is like a field with pretty little butterflies to the seventh layer of hell, fighting Satan and his demons with nothing but a broken stick and a water balloon. But an awesome game nonetheless. I like how strategic it is. It feels more strategic than the most complex rts titles.
    Earthbound: Awesome game. Hilarious humor. Decent gameplay.
    Castlevania: Almost as hard as Xcom or Dark Souls.
Add Comment