User Avatar Image

That Guy With The Glasses Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 16.5K users
This is a thread to one of the most funniest reviewers and actors on the internet . The Nostalgia Critic played by Doug Walker. The Nostalgia Critic has given such wonderful jokes such as A BAT CREDIT CARD, or TIMING!, and such good videos and reviews such Casper,Top 11s,Batman & Robin,Old vs New Batman and i'm sure people remember his fight with the Nerd (another very funny reviewer on the internet) So anyway go ahead and talk about anything about The Nostalgia Critic. You can even talk about other people such as AVGN,Linkara,The Nostalgia Chick,Bum Reviews.

My question is what is your favorite Nostalgia Critic episode?

Mine is a tie between Top 11 Simpsons episodes,Top 11 Batman episodes,Junior,Batman & Robin, and Old vs New Batman vs The Dark Knight but if i had to pick i would say ether Junior or Top 11 Simpsons episodes.
395 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • AI was a really good review of a really bad movie. And I hate saying that considering some of the minds behind it, but AI was just bad.

Just watched the review of Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie. My god am I glad I was out of the Power Rangers phase by the time this came out. What a load of crap, even for Power Rangers. And hooray for a Linkara cameo! Wasn't sure if they'd ever do that again now that they have the cast of Demo Reel integrated.
  • AI, I think had the best sub-plot of a NC episode. The parts with The Critic at TMZ was so funny and I didn't feel it took away from the review like The Cat in the Hat review.

Also I found this video on Youtube, Its Nostalgia Critic cosplaying as Linkara at a con.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUO7bGWgIt8
  • I was wondering when he'd show up.

Hehe, Bat-credit card.
  • It says something when The Nostalgia Critic keeps doing stuff and I can't be bothered to see what it is.

Anyway, here's his review of Sailor Moon.

...wait, WHAT? Sailor-WHAT? Has he lost his mind? Seriously? Christ, now he's just pandering. How badly out of ideas must you be to have to review freakin' Sailor Moon?
  • It might be cos Sailor Moon is returning with a new Anime this year. I love Sailor Moon the Japanese version is waaay better.

There where plot reasons why each villians attacked the same city every single time it vaireid from each season but most of the time they wanted Sailor Moon's crystal.

I gotta disagree with NC even on the crappy dub the girls have fleshed out characters. It wasn't like Al Gore: I remember how Kid 1 used to laugh and play. And how Kid 2 was always there when I needed him.
  • Darth Marsden;831682 said:
    It says something when The Nostalgia Critic keeps doing stuff and I can't be bothered to see what it is.

Anyway, here's his review of Sailor Moon.

...wait, WHAT? Sailor-WHAT? Has he lost his mind? Seriously? Christ, now he's just pandering. How badly out of ideas must you be to have to review freakin' Sailor Moon?
    1) He probably did it because enough people have either requested it or called him out on Sailor Moon's awkward inclusion on the Top 11 Hottest Animated Women list. Probably took him this long to find good footage for both the review and to sit down and watch. I question him trying to watch a series to review while Doug's also watching another series, which leads to...
    2) First Avatar The Last Airbender joke on the NC!
    3) LOL, nice self-jab at Demo Reel at the end.

Coolsome, is there really going to be ANOTHER Sailor Moon anime??

Anyway...can't wait to see the NC review of Shamalamadingdong's The Last Airbender.
  • Shadowknight1;834195 said:

Coolsome, is there really going to be ANOTHER Sailor Moon anime??
    Yes it was announced on my birthday. :) It will steam world wide this winter I believe.
  • coolsome;834198 said:
    Yes it was announced on my birthday. :) It will steam world wide this winter I believe.
    ...reboot? Remake? Sequel?
  • Shadowknight1;834200 said:
    ...reboot? Remake? Sequel?
    Reboot it's gonna be more close to the manga then the old anime was.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-04/new-sailor-moon-anime-to-stream-worldwide-this-winter
Add Comment