84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • master psychic;835425 said:
    In the beggining of the game , Lee was going to prison . When Hell broke lose , Clementine was his redemption . Pretty much , Clem is the only ray of hope in this dark world and Lee sacrificed himself for Clem because she is pretty much a daughter to Lee and to everybody on this forum . That's why everybody cares about her . Oh and she is more real than your precious Ben and she is not a hollow plot device .
    This. Clementine was Lee's ray of hope. When the world ended, he got a second chance. She was his shot at Redemption, and eventually he became like a second father to her. She was his daughter for all intents and purposes, the family he'd always wanted. Because of Lee, Clem survived, which is a miracle after everything the group went through in Season 1.
  • Xedria;835420 said:
    Did it really offer you meaningful choices if there's only one outcome?
    I think Pat from Two Best Friends said it best: "Choice is given to you as something that matters AS you are making it." The "meaning" behind a choice doesn't come from its consequences; it comes from how it makes you feel to make that choice because of your connection with the circumstances surrounding it. You can give me the choice to actually save or actually destroy a world but if that world doesn't mean a damn thing to me, then neither will my choice.
  • loop hole;833386 said:
    I thought it was unrealistic that Vernon would choose the boat over the morgue for long term survival, especially after his speech about how unsafe it was for lee's group do it. Venon’s decision just didn’t make sense, it’s contradictory behaviour and logic. I mean, Vernon had months worth of food stored away in the fall–out shelter. Lee examined it before opening the door to the morgue. There were beds, food etc. They could have stayed there and waited for the herd to blow through since they had meds in addition to their huge stash of supplies. There is no way they could have fit all those supplies on the boat so they left the supplies in Savannah and left with nothing for the convenience of the writers. Personally I think it would have made more sense if Molly stole the boat since she was arguing about wanting a place on the boat earlier then changed her mind at the end of the episode even when there is space on the boat for her if Ben doesn’t make it. But hey, I guess that’s where suspension of disbelief comes in.
    To be fair, the morgue gets immediately overrun after they leave, so he was right to think that it wasn't a safe place. He tells Lee the boat is a bad idea before Savannah gets overrun after all.
  • DomeWing333;835585 said:
    I think Pat from Two Best Friends said it best: "Choice is given to you as something that matters AS you are making it." The "meaning" behind a choice doesn't come from its consequences; it comes from how it makes you feel to make that choice because of your connection with the circumstances surrounding it. You can give me the choice to actually save or actually destroy a world but if that world doesn't mean a damn thing to me, then neither will my choice.
    Really Pat said that? That might be the smartest thing he ever said in his life, he hit it right on the dot hard, respect to him, now if it would stop hating Kenny...
  • Bioshock Infinite WD;835637 said:
    Really Pat said that? That might be the smartest thing he ever said in his life, he hit it right on the dot hard, respect to him, now if it would stop hating Kenny...
    It was in a "Top Ten Games of 2012" video he made. Pat can be surprisingly eloquent when he's not choking on his own rage. That isn't the case very often though.
  • Really, I guess I thought they were not as uncaring as I thought, it sounded like one of them was crying ever so slightly in that last Walking Dead video.
  • DomeWing333;835646 said:
    It was in a "Top Ten Games of 2012" video he made. Pat can be surprisingly eloquent when he's not choking on his own rage.
    Rage can be a good thing, if channelled well. Without rage, the masses would have accepted the endings of MASS EFFECT 3 like apathetic sheep. ;)

    The fact is, people can openly persecute and ostracize one specific individual due to a mere difference of opinion, and in situations like that, it's almost impossible to keep a cool head.
This discussion has been closed.