User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 78.9K users
What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".
5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Vainamoinen;837342 said:
    Dashing, what are the exact dimensions of that case?
    The case is the Cooler Master HAF XB

The dimensions are:

442(W) mm x 330(H) mm x 423(D) mm

Or, in AMERICAN:

17.4 (W) inch x 13 (H) inch x 16.7 (D) inch

Can apparently fit up to three 334mm / 13.1 inch graphics cards in three-way SLI/Crossfire just fine.

Why do I spend the money. What's wrong with me.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    So, errrr, how many of your games have you managed to stuff in your nose already? If the answer is one or more, I'd have a suggestion as to what's wrong with you.
  • Secret Fawful;837525 said:

Why do I spend the money. What's wrong with me.
    Jelly! I'm so jelly. Too bad we will not get this edition here.

The Steam version's still on sale (for another 12 hours or so), so I thought "what the hell?"
  • Civilisation Brave New World- I was a bit unsure on whether or not to get it but it was 50% off on Amazon to get a Steam Key and it looks like a good investment...
  • der_ketzer;837626 said:
    Jelly! I'm so jelly. Too bad we will not get this edition here.
    I have something someone is jealous of besides my Ness sculpture, deku shield, and boxed copy of Gabriel Knight? YAY
  • GuruGuru214;818330 said:
    A Nvidia GeForce 8300 GS graphics card.

It's the same card I've been trying to upgrade from for a couple years, it's a piece of shit, it's five years obsolete, and I had to buy one used (apparently parted out from a working machine sold at auction), but it's the only card I know for certain works in my machine without having to resurrect Avistew's graphics card thread to ask you guys for help, and it was only $30.
    GuruGuru214;829184 said:
    Woo, got my refund! Lousy piece of shit.
    A GeForce 8400 GS graphics card. Thanks for helping me pick it out, Dashing!

• GuruGuru214;838363 said:
    A GeForce 8400 GS graphics card. Thanks for helping me pick it out, Dashing!

I hope this works out for you. Your budget/PSU//motherboard combo are not easy to work with, graphics card-wise. I wish I could have snuck a bit more power in there, but you're already hitting a ceiling and perhaps when you do have a more generous budget you should start considering doing a build from scratch.

As for me....

I did actually buy this to let me use the front two USB 3.0 ports on the front of my new computer case. I also bought:

80mm case fan, two of them.

120mm case fan

200mm case fan

I'm pretty sure I just spent more on case fans than Guru spent on a graphics card.

^ My (MY) copy broke.
Add Comment