User Avatar Image

Did you read the Fables comics?

posted by The Law on - last edited - Viewed by 6K users
Do you read the Fables Comics?
49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm reading 'em in preparation of TWAU.

Just finished the 11th trade. Wow.
  • Only legends in exile.
  • You know, considering how The Wolf Among Us is a prequel, I think I may wait and see what Telltale does with it before I start looking into the original work. More surprises that way.
  • I'm actually a bit behind with the comics, but I do love them.
  • Mikejames;849124 said:
    You know, considering how The Wolf Among Us is a prequel, I think I may wait and see what Telltale does with it before I start looking into the original work. More surprises that way.
    As I read, I'm in the process of building a mental shitlist of characters that I hate (all for good reason, too).
    I plan on treating them like shit, if I ever come across them in-game that is.
    More lols for me :D

I see your point, but don't be surprised if two characters are talking and you don't know wtf about - just 'cause its a prequel it doesn't mean that it'll spoon-feed or info-dump all the juicy lore...
    (One of the reasons I started reading)

No offense.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    The Law;849278 said:
    I see your point, but don't be surprised if two characters are talking and you don't know wtf about - just 'cause its a prequel it doesn't mean that it'll spoon-feed or info-dump all the juicy lore...
    Absolutely. I'd be really surprised and disappointed if it was that way. However, in skillful storytelling, there's absolutely no need to dump a lot of info about characters on the player. There are so many more subtle ways of exposition. Just wait and see. ;)
  • I haven't read it, and frankly I don't feel the need to.

And just as many of you have said, there may be villainous characters that turn evil through the progression of the Telltale game. So readers of the comic would know that something bad happens to them, affecting their choices since they probably wouldn't like him.
  • Just a heads up, the Fables Encyclopedia is coming out Oct 29th. It's about 20. If anyone wants a good foundation, I suspect the Encyclopedia should provide.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401243959/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Got it, I think I will play the game then buy the encyclopedia.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

In reply to Bioshock Infinite WD

Got it, I think I will play the game then buy the encyclopedia. link

I'll probably do the same. Well, I probably won't buy the encyclopedia, but I'll likely get into the comics after I've played the game, like I did after playing Telltale's Bone games. :)

Add Comment