User Avatar Image

TWD don't run on Mavericks Mac

posted by benjamin74380 on - Viewed by 10.6K users

First i am sorry for the bad english because i'm a french guy :)
Hi
So i download the new Mac OS Mavericks on my Macbook and The Walking Dead don't run.
It's really strange because when i played before Mavericks the game works perfectly ...

So any people have the same thing on his Mac or anyone know how I can play?

Thanx you
Benjamin74380

34 Comments
  • its so wrong to take my money so easily but not return emails and ignore the issue is just plain wrong.. i just want a refund so I'm doing it through paypal.

• Guys, can I just say that I upgraded to mavericks and it runs just fine? Steam version. Maybe mavericks isn't the issue.

• User Avatar Image
      Macfly77 Moderator

I believe that Mavericks is indeed the issue for the Telltale Store version (as it was working just fine before I upgraded and, unlike for TWAU, disabling Gatekeeper does not change anything), though the Steam version appears to be working.

• I'have got the same problem ; I just buy TWD and I'can't play ... WTF ?

• So the Steam version of The Walking Dead works fine under Mavericks, but the Telltale version crashes?
    That is just weird.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

The good new is, that it seems to be just a code signing issue. I have posted an awkward workaround, and hope TTG fixes it.

• I received this email.

Dear T,

A reply has been made to your ticket. Below are the ticket details.

Hi T,

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are playing on OS 10.9, we are currently looking into this issue. We hope to have more information on this soon.

Thank you,
    Evan

• Yeah, while I can appreciate possibly not having a game update for Mavericks, not having a warning on the site that it's not working is completely unacceptable, particularly as I bought nearly a week after Mavericks was released.

This is really poor business practice and not a particularly good way to engender trust in TTG. I do hope an update to let me try this game on Mavericks is out soon. Can we get an ETA on a fix?

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

The official fix has been announced.

• User Avatar Image
    tronix Telltale Alumni

The Mac 10.9 issue for The Walking Dead has been fixed. Un-installing the previous version and re-installing the latest version from the Telltale Website will fix the issue.

• Yay! Well done telltale. My faith is restored.

This discussion has been closed.