46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The music in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga when you are fighting the burglar guy (does anyone remember his name?).
    Yes, I do have a strange taste for music.
  • Super Mario rpg forest maze theme.
  • The Silent Hill series, hands down. Examples:
    Room of Angel Absolutely chilling song, and one that gets a LOT of play from me.
    Killing Time Just awesomely catchy guitar work.
  • You mentioned some of them, but everything from the original Command & Conquer. I haven't played the game in ages, yet can clearly remember several songs. "Mechanical Man", "Fight, Win, Prevail", "Act on Instinct", "Just do it up", "Thang"
  • MaxFan;86393 said:
    You mentioned some of them, but everything from the original Command & Conquer. I haven't played the game in ages, yet can clearly remember several songs. "Mechanical Man", "Fight, Win, Prevail", "Act on Instinct", "Just do it up", "Thang"
    Aye, they were all great, but I tried to restrict myself to picking one song per game I listed. Otherwise the post would've been at least three or four times as long, and I was already pushing it to begin with!
  • the_napoleon;86365 said:
    The music in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga when you are fighting the burglar guy (does anyone remember his name?).
    I think it was Popple.
    Anyway, best music in a game has to go to The World Ends With You. It's generally pretty removed from what I listen to, but I love it anyway.
  • Conquests of Camelot and Space Quest III by Sierra

Loom and Monkey Island by Lucasfilm

oh there are so many.
  • Ooo, another one I forgot to mention is LucasArts' Star Wars TIE Fighter for DOS. The game had a dynamic MIDI soundtrack, using the iMUSE engine. Music samples used in battle ranged between 2 and 10 seconds long, and were pieced together to make a fluid soundtrack that reflected the state of the mission. If nothing was happening, say during a routine patrol, the music would be slow and somewhat ethereal. But when a rebel cruiser jumped in, the Rebel's leitmotif would play and the soundtrack would swing into a more battle-oriented theme. You need to see it to understand how awesome it is.
  • User Avatar Image
    langley Telltale Staff
    Monkey Island 2. That game has wall-to-wall great music.
  • As standalone tracks...
    Gunstar Heroes - Rescue Yellow!
    Resident Evil 2 - Escape From The Underground Lab

For overall soundtracks, these are what I pick...
    Shadow of the Colossus (Favorite: Revived Power.)
    Psychonauts (Favorite: Meat Circus.)
    Grim Fandango (Too many favorites... I'm such a sucker for Jazz... Top favorites has to be Mr Frustration Man, Smooth Hector, and Hi-Tone Fandango.)
    Final Fantasy Tactics [the original Playstation version] (Favorite: Antidote.)

I want to say Final Fantasy 7, but that soundtrack is overused in such lists.
Add Comment