User Avatar Image

Movies

posted by the_napoleon on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
If you look around, movies are everywhere, my avatar is from a movie, some internet memes owe their birth to certain movies, your cousin in Arizona still has a movie poster for "eight legged freaks" on the wall of his room, movies are everywhere. So discuss movies here. To kick this off, I went and saw "Journey to The Center of The Earth". The movie was okay, but the best part was that they gave you these awesome Steve Urkel-like 3-D glasses.
42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Anyone who enjoed The Departed, which was a fine film, needs to watch the original Honk Kong movie it was based on, Infernal Affairs. Tony Leung was much better at his role than Leonardo DiCaprio.

Also, Primer is the only movie involving time travel that should be allowed to exist.
  • When are they gonna make a Chad Vader movie. Now that would be awesome!
  • I just watched the first 10 minutes of Karate Kid 3, having only ever seen the first two.

My gods, what happened? I had heard it was bad, but so was KK2, in a good way. This... yech. Kill it with fire.
  • Yes, that probably would never end well.
  • Saw. I watched Saw. I screamed I screamed again. Then i screamed some more. Then the guy cut his foot off. Then I REALLY screamed.

Lol, anyways, I watched Tropic Thunder, too. It was HILARIOUS!

"I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude!"
  • Shambling Corporate Poster;88089 said:
    Saw. I watched Saw. I screamed I screamed again. Then i screamed some more. Then the guy cut his foot off. Then I REALLY screamed.
    Y'know, you should rent Jacob's Ladder.

*devious grin*
  • ShaggE;88083 said:
    I just watched the first 10 minutes of Karate Kid 3, having only ever seen the first two.

My gods, what happened? I had heard it was bad, but so was KK2, in a good way. This... yech. Kill it with fire.
    Judging by your reaction, I'm assuming you haven't seen "The Next Karate Kid." Or, as I call it, "Karate Kid 4: Pat Morita Has Bills To Pay."
  • Wait, there was a FOURTH?!?!?!?!?
  • Botap;88092 said:
    Judging by your reaction, I'm assuming you haven't seen "The Next Karate Kid." Or, as I call it, "Karate Kid 4: Pat Morita Has Bills To Pay."
    I refuse to watch that one. There is only one Karate Kid, and it isn't Hilary friggin' Swank.
  • ShaggE;88090 said:
    Y'know, you should rent Jacob's Ladder.

*devious grin*
    Dude, that's not a good title for a horror."A LADDER!HORROR!" The scariest thing I've ever seen is "The Emperor's New Clothes", which I only saw the cover, and that strange sexless man lady-erson scared the living crap outta me.Live action films about fairy tales where sexless man-ladies strut around naked are fear incarnate.I haven't even seen the film, but it is still just plain horrifying.
Add Comment