400 Days -MAC- won't show on menu after install.
I purchased 400 Days for my Mac about 10 days ago from the ineffably ineffectual MacGame Store. I sent them a post similar to this but they have yet to answer, so I decided to come directly here and see if I fare better finding a solution for my troubles (that I believe I share with a couple of posts for the PC I've seen).
The DLC game has been downloaded and installed successfully, but when The Walking Dead is launched, there is no option to choose 400 Days, only the previous 5 episodes.
The Situation (in detail):
I downloaded the game installer as per the instructions on the store of purchse, which are very straightforward.
I re-installed TWD.
I applied the 400 Days DLC upgrade using the downloaded installer.
I opened the game.
Nowhere in the game there is the option to choose to play 400 Days.
Troubleshooting Attempts: (all failed so far)
- Deleted all previous game preferences and plists, such as: com.TelltaleGames.Platform.plist, com.telltalegames.WalkingDead101.plist, Telltale Games folder from my "Library/Application Support" folder.
- Deleted the game (garbage bin, then empty bin).
- Re-downloaded the 400 Days DLC, and re-installed it.
- A combination of re-download of the DLC and deletion of the aforementioned prefs and plists.
- Right-clicked the TWD app with the installed DLC and checked there was a new episode present in: /Applications/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack. Present inside there is this folder that I assume is the 400 Days episode: WalkingDead106.
- Step number 4 but now connected to the internet to see if there was an additional download of any sort that I had been missing (such as a patch that I was unaware of).
My System Specs (and other info):
- No Steam for me, so all TWD apps were downloaded from MacGame Store.
- I downloaded Episodes 1-5 and 400 Days in two separate dates.
- iMac 21.5-inch, Late 2012
- Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
- Software: OS X 10.8.2 (12C2034)
I hope I left nothing of importance out, if I did you can contact me to let me know what else you could use to pinpoint the reason of this most annoying Gremlin.
Thanks for your time.
Pics of the installation and download:
In case there is need, here are this screenshots.