F*** Kenny

Comments

• Exactly, I am not going to beat around the bush, I utterly hate Lilly for good reason, but I do not ever speak of Kenny like he is a flawless human, hell no one in the whole game is flawless, there are far better reasons as to why someone would hate Kenny, racism is not one of them.

• And also he treats Clementine like a daughter, even referring to her as such, yeah, truly racist.

If Kenny was a racist, he would of called Lee, Clementine and Christa the N word. Plus, he would of never took Lee and Clementine with him and his family to Macon if he hated blacks.

• Well said Bio.

Exactly, I am not going to beat around the bush, I utterly hate Lilly for good reason, but I do not ever speak of Kenny like he is a

• Kenny was racist in that moment, but not intentionally. He did what a LOT of people do; he fell back on a racial stereotype without thinking.

Seriously though, considering everything ELSE Kenny does if you don't back him up in the meat locker, the "lock picking" comment is awfully trivial in comparison.

• Extremely trivial in comparisons, and if he was really a racist, he would have made the same comments all the time.

• Oh yeah, Christa was black and Kenny ended up saving her. Yeah, he truly is a racist who wants blacks to die.

• You don't have to want all black people to die to be racist....

If a man says 'women should be seen and not heard', and then he saves a woman's life, does that make him not sexist?

Oh yeah, Christa was black and Kenny ended up saving her. Yeah, he truly is a racist who wants blacks to die.

• @bioshock infinate WD

...I'm not sure you understand what I mean by saying that Kenny killing Larry was planned.

Lilly killed Carley in a burst of emotion. Kenny was perfectly emotionally stable during the scene, not excessively angry or anything, and then he picked up the block and dropped it on Larry's head.

Your proof of Kenny planing to kill Larry is where? He clearly did it just because he was on the floor likely dead, if he wanted to so badly kill him, he would have done it long ago.

• It makes him sexist, sure, but that's something different than what Kenny did. Kenny just thought that Lee knew how to do that, which is ignorant, but I wouldn't call him an actual racist because of it. When Lee is offended by it, he realizes what he just said, and even apologizes, and says that it's just some crazy shit that came out of his mouth without him really thinking about it. And since he never says anything like that again, and ends up (possibly) saving Christa's life, it's not the racism some people are accusing him of. Like Robert Morgan said, that scene is trivial at best in comparison to things that people actually have a right to hate him for.

As for him "planning out" killing Larry, I don't think that phrase applies to the situation. While he WAS emotionally stable during the scene, and he DID hate Larry, that doesn't mean he was planning it out. It's more accurate to say that killing Larry didn't mean much to him, because when you say "he planned it out" it seems more like he was just waiting for any excuse to kill Larry since Episode 1, which I don't believe to be true. However, the fact that he seems almost completely fine with it afterward isn't good. In fact, it shows just how much Kenny has changed in the three months between Episodes 1 and 2, where he felt guilty about Shawn's death and refused to leave anyone behind, even Lee (if you never sided with him during Episode 1), whereas in the meat locker he's become a much more cold-hearted "do what it takes to survive" type of person.

Flog61 posted: »

You don't have to want all black people to die to be racist.... If a man says 'women should be seen and not heard', and then he saves a woman's life, does that make him not sexist?

• Carley did nothing but stick up for you every chance she got. She was great with a gun and a great human being. What did she do to get herself SHOT?

Harpadarpa posted: »

I share this sentiment to a far, far lesser extent. Kenny, along with Lilly and Carley... (In fact, those are the only three charact

• edited December 2013

@Flog61
    Evidence for Kenny being a racist:

• Kenny makes a stupid comment and recognizes how stupid it was immediately.

Evidence against Kenny being a racist:

• Can call Lee a good friend in episode 1 (depends on if you took his side).
    • Can call Lee and Clementine "the only family I've got left." (That's if you get the bro speech in episode 4 and decide to hide the bite).
    • Kenny offers Lee a ride to Macon the first time you meet with him, and doesn't take it back even if you don't save his son and blame him for Sawn's death.
    • Depending on your relationship with him, can be okay with or only somewhat hostile to Lee revealing he was a convicted killer. Furthermore, he doesn't make any racist comment about African Americans and crime. Lets all admit it, if Telltale really wanted to make Kenny a racist, Kenny would say "Can't say I'm surprised." Then proceed with the urban dialogue.
    Flog61 posted: »

You don't have to want all black people to die to be racist.... If a man says 'women should be seen and not heard', and then he saves a woman's life, does that make him not sexist?

• This is the problem. You don't have to hate all black people and burn a cross in your yard to be a racist. You can be nice to a black person and be a racist. You can "Have lots of black friends" and be a racist, even. It's kind of a running joke, even!

If you have unexamined racist attitudes that cause you to say racist shit, then you're racist. If you don't do anything to try to actually fix your shit other than a mealy-mouthed apology, then you're racist. The lengths to which people will go to excuse racism and say that someone's 'not really racist' have stopped surprising me, but they certainly haven't stopped making me sad for humanity.

• "If you don't do anything to try to actually fix your shit other than a mealy-mouthed apology, then you're racist."

Alright then wise-guy, please enlighten us. How exactly was Kenny supposed to go about "fixing his shit" regarding racism?
    Because the rest of the season was devoid any sign of racism from him, and if that's not a fix, and an apology isn't either, then pray tell, what is?

This is the problem. You don't have to hate all black people and burn a cross in your yard to be a racist. You can be nice to a bl

• @SketchyGalore

(I realize that this post was two pages ago, but fuck it)

Actually, if we're talking about zombie history, not really. Also, light racists like Kenny haven't done anything wrong. They wouldn't promote slavery, they just think a few things that have been taught since birth. Kenny would never hurt anyone because they were black, and now that I'm thinking of it, Kenny was probably just looking to find any sort of solution, and came onto something programmed into his brain by living around a bunch of racists his whole life.

Also, racists are pretty awful. The heavy racists anyways. Hitler killing the jews? Pretty fucking awful. KKK burning crosses and preventing black people from voting? Pretty fucking awful. A redneck saying one racist statement, apologizing, and becoming best friends with the guy he said the remark to? Not awful at all.

Plus, to add onto what I said earlier, zombies in their history usually cut the human population to just a few thousand people. I don't think that that Hitler did that (no matter how truly disgusting he was, we're talking about a fictional scenario, and in this fictional scenario, this is the truth).

Historically speaking, Zombies are probably responsible for fewer terrible things than racists, so yeah... I'mma have to go with team zombie on that one, tbh.

• Again, a light racist does no harm whatsoever. Sure, they're a little dumb, it doesn't mean they're a piece of shit scumbag that deserves to be shot in the mouth. No, it's Kenny's selective enjoyment of people that makes him deserve to get shot in the mouth (completely unrelated to race, by the way).

This is the problem. You don't have to hate all black people and burn a cross in your yard to be a racist. You can be nice to a bl

• @GeneralTrumbo

It's the fact that she stuck up for you every chance she got that made me dislike her. She should've been a bit more judgemental on Lee. She's just poorly written in my eyes, and for me, personally, poorly written=you're gonna die. Needless to say, I didn't try to kill any other characters.

Carley did nothing but stick up for you every chance she got. She was great with a gun and a great human being. What did she do to get herself SHOT?

• @CartoonMischief I meant after he was rescued he was safe

@James101 Wait I'm confused you just said It wasn't Kenny's fault yet you go back and agree Duck was already in the safe zone.

• @HelloCthulhu I said some horror movies aren't true of those rules you're talking about and why are we talking about movies this is TWD we are talking about here not movies

@James101 Hate to break it to you, but it is a pretty tried and true rule in the horror genre that noone is dead until you see them

• @James101 Well I get that. It sounded as if you where agreeing with my earlier statement that Duck was already safe when he was pulled off the tractor and that Kenny could have helped Shawn but disregard.

James101 posted: »

@CartoonMischief I meant after he was rescued he was safe

• I really dont understand the kenny hate the dude was problably the only rational guy in the series he care more for his family than anyone else which is understandable and the simple fact he was able to keep his head even after his family died made me like him even more.

• @CartoonMischief no I wasn't agreeing with your earlier statement

@James101 Well I get that. It sounded as if you where agreeing with my earlier statement that Duck was already safe when he was pulled off the tractor and that Kenny could have helped Shawn but disregard.

• I'm pretty sure I'm in a minority here, but bringing Kenny back was horrible in season 2. Although I was excited to see him just to have Lee dialogues, having him for 3 episodes without the option to ditch him was super annoying. He was a loose cannon since ep. 2 season 1 and I didn't want him in my group, but Telltale once again shoved him in my throat. I knew he was going to break everything apart and he did. He forced Mike and Bonnie to do go over the line.

At least I got the chance to stick a hatchet in Sarita. The situation was exactly like in season 1. This time, however, Kenny was the one kneeling and begging, and I was holding the salt lick. It's actually nothing like season 1 as Larry could've lived, while Sarita half-eaten, but it's still felt right.
    Revenge...

Finally, shooting him over Jane (who's awesome btw) was quite satisfying. I hope Telltale are finally over with him as a lot of people cannot stand Kenny. He was too major of a character, while promising characters such as Nick weren't given screen time at all.

Also it was quite annoying how he was pretending to care for Clem and respect Lee, when in my save in season 1 he told me straight in the eye, that he will never help me find her because I haven't backed him up enough.

F*** Kenny!

• Why did you resurrect this?

YamiRaziel posted: »

I'm pretty sure I'm in a minority here, but bringing Kenny back was horrible in season 2. Although I was excited to see him just t

• I'm pretty sure I'm in a minority here, but bringing Kenny back was horrible in season 2.

You're not. Bringing that awful character back is the main reason Season 2 sucks so bad.

I'm pretty sure I'm in a minority here, but bringing Kenny back was horrible in season 2. Although I was excited to see him just t

• GoldenPaladin, because it's one of the coolest discussions of a character and since Kenny is still relevant, why not?

The point is not to attack each other but to discuss. Those who love and hate Kenny.

I don't see the problem. Do you see one?

• Yes, it's from 2013...Two years ago.

GoldenPaladin, because it's one of the coolest discussions of a character and since Kenny is still relevant, why not? The point is not to attack each other but to discuss. Those who love and hate Kenny. I don't see the problem. Do you see one?

• Huh, this thread died on the day season 2 was released, which is technically a year and 1 month ago, but as you said still died a while ago.

Yes, it's from 2013...Two years ago.

• His problem is that it's not a Kenny worshiping thread.

• Dojo pls, I don't need to get the date that close.

Fine, it died a year ago.

dojo32161 posted: »

Huh, this thread died on the day season 2 was released, which is technically a year and 1 month ago, but as you said still died a while ago.

• And that makes it a problem?

The character is still relevant and so is the thread. It was a popular thread back in 2013 and it can be again, if people still find it appealing to discuss.

If you've got a problem commenting in a topic older than your account, then don't. It is really as simple as that.

Yes, it's from 2013...Two years ago.

• Sorry, I just like interesting facts, in fact, according to previous comments this isn't the first time this thread was raised from the dead.

Dojo pls, I don't need to get the date that close. Fine, it died a year ago.

• It's called necro-posting or reviving a dead thread.

The conversation died and once it's dead this long it should stay dead...There are more recent conversations that can be of better use to you. You could always post on a recent conversation to avoid all of this but you just needed to comment on this one? It was popular then but bringing this up again is helpful? This thread is still in linear style.

And that makes it a problem? The character is still relevant and so is the thread. It was a popular thread back in 2013 and it

• edited January 2015

The title is "F*** Kenny." Uh, yeah, I see a problem.

Also, it's a rule of thumb to not necro threads.

GoldenPaladin, because it's one of the coolest discussions of a character and since Kenny is still relevant, why not? The point is not to attack each other but to discuss. Those who love and hate Kenny. I don't see the problem. Do you see one?

• Sorry if you felt offended, I didn't think it needed to be corrected that much.

However it hasn't been resurrected this much.

dojo32161 posted: »

Sorry, I just like interesting facts, in fact, according to previous comments this isn't the first time this thread was raised from the dead.

• I hate both Kenny and Jane so I don't see your point kiddo.

DarkViolet posted: »

His problem is that it's not a Kenny worshiping thread.

• The conversation died

Just like Kenny.

• Determinant

The conversation died Just like Kenny.

• Determinant

In a non-canon ending.

• ...Okay kiddo.

Determinant In a non-canon ending.

• FUCK THIS THREAD

Alt text