User Avatar Image

Season Two DVD, Soundtrack, Case File

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 5.6K users
Many people have been asking, many threads have been created (maybe by you!), so let's set this straight:

We're of course making a Season Two DVD, and we're also doing an awesome Soundtrack CD set again, as well as a Season Two Case File. They're all being worked on or manufactured right now, and will be available for mass consumption sometime in the near future.

We'll keep you posted!
369 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 5 weeks? that couldnt have been all shipping time could it?

Ive waiting weeks until something got in stock then poof..
    Still waiting, its been weeks too :P
  • Got mine today, shipped on Sept. 23. That means more than five weeks, not something I would call 'quick', especially considering the 15 $ it cost me.
    Blame the postal service for that. Once the item ships, how long it takes to arrive is completely out of our control.
    Ive waiting weeks until something got in stock then poof..
    Still waiting, its been weeks too
    Soundtrack preorders with posters are the last ones to go out - the warehouse ran out of rolled posters and had to take time to roll some more. They've told us that the rest of the preorders will ship by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience! :)
  • aww...fate struck again. i will be the last one to receive the season two stuff, because i ordered a poster that has to be rolled....buhuu...i am so sad. can't you like...i don't know...send jake over there with some poster rolls?:D
    no, just kiddin...i can wait a few more weeks.

anyways..you're talking about digital tracks on the soundtrack all the time...it's a cd, right? shouldn't all tracks be digital?
    just so i understand it correctly: the soundtrack consists of two cds of which one or both have a data track and the data on this track(s) contains some songs that didn't fit onto there as cd audio tracks...like as compressed audio files??
    did the first soundtrack have data tracks as well?
  • wisp;96176 said:
    anyways..you're talking about digital tracks on the soundtrack all the time...it's a cd, right? shouldn't all tracks be digital?
    just so i understand it correctly: the soundtrack consists of two cds of which one or both have a data track and the data on this track(s) contains some songs that didn't fit onto there as cd audio tracks...like as compressed audio files??
    did the first soundtrack have data tracks as well?
    In this day and age of MP3s and M4V and other file formats that can be easily transfered from one media to another, some retailers are taking advantage of it and supplying digital copies of certain media for those tech-savy consumers who are just going to rip the copy and put it on their iPod anyway.

That's what the digital tracks are on the CD: music tracks in MP3 form stored on a data partition of the CD.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    wisp, you are correct.

* Disc one has the environment music from episodes 201-203 as regular old audio CD data.

* Disc two has the environment music from episodes 204 and 205 on the audio track, and also has a data track which includes the cutscene suites from each episode, as 256k MP3s, as well as a few extra tracks including some of the custom-scored music from some of the season two trailers, and some season two variants on old season one tracks (eg the street and office music, but with new instrumental solos).
  • ohh...i am correct. that is quite fortunate. seems like the new soundtrack has more music for the same price..or maybe the same amount of music plus some bonus content. anyway, it's probably even better than the first one.
    furthermore, it seems you did a great job restocking those rolled posters, since my order of season two goodies was sent yesterday...or at least i received the shipping notice then. so, i will get it soon..what makes me quite happy. the best thing is, that it's already paid and i don't have to worry about the money.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Its almost an hour more music than last years.

Like most of Season Two, even though there were fewer episodes in total, we did a lot more with each episode :)
  • I love mine! I just got my stuffs in the mail, sadly mine was opened on one side so its not going to be my collectors piece.. ordering another oneeee soooon!
  • I'm going through my Season 2 swag right now. Just finished listening to the soundtrack and is about to watch the DVD, but something odd happened when I opened it.

A very pungent smell exploded out of the DVD case as soon as I broke the plastic seal and opened it up. It was coming from the Flint Paper insert. Now, this wasn't the smell of freshly printed paint, which I know the smell of oh-so-well. (You kind of get used to it when you're in an art school.)

It took me a while to figure it out, but it smells like whisky. I don't think that's suppose to happen, but I thought I'd report it.

*goes back to enjoying his Season 2 swag*
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    You win the whiskey prize! Flint Paper will visit you tonight in your dreams.
Add Comment