General Guidelines and Tips for connecting to games
Below is a list of general guidelines and tips for device compatibility, and general connectivity troubleshooting while playing the JackBox Party Pack:
- No separate app is required to play. You can open your device’s web browser and connect to JackBox TV.
- Almost any device with a web browser can connect to JackBox TV (iOS 6.1 or higher, Android 4.0 or higher recommended, Windows Phone 8).
- Compatible web browsers include Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Silk.
- Android Users: It is recommended to use Chrome over your device’s default web browser.
- Nexus 6 Users: Please use the Firefox browser for Drawful.
- Cookies must be enabled on the device’s web browser. Cookies will allow you to rejoin the game if you get disconnected.
- Rooted devices are not guaranteed to work.
- Only one user can log in per browser (per device).
- Devices that are known NOT to work on JackBox TV include: PS VITA, Nintendo 3DS, Windows Phone 7, as well as some native Android browsers.
- If you are running Windows XP, you will not be able to use Internet Explorer as your controller.
- Satellite based internet connections will experience slower response time due to the high latency of this particular technology.
- Make sure that the following ports are set to open on your firewall and router: 80, 443, 843, 38202, 38203. You can test the ports here.
- Disable any ad/pop up blocking software that you may have running on your web browser.
- PC Users - Disable any antivirus or security programs that may interfere with the connection from completing successfully. You can find more info on which Anti-Virus and Security Software may be affecting your connectivity here.