Minecraft: Story Mode
How to run the PC/Mac Support Tool for Minecraft: Story Mode
The Support Tool is a batch/script file that collects general system information and data related to Minecraft: Story Mode, such as a directory listing of the install folder, save folder, and crash events caused by the game. This information helps our support team identify the root of potential issues you may be experiencing.
To run the Support Tool on PC:
- Download the MSM PC Support Tool.exe file at the bottom of this article and double-click on it to run the file. Allow it run until it says "FINISHED" at the bottom.
- Once the Support Tool is finished, it will open an explorer window containing a file named MSM_support_data_pc.zip.
- Attach your MSM_support_data_pc.zip file to your support email or ticket.
To run the Support Tool on Mac:
- Download the MSM Mac Support Tool.zip file at the bottom of this article. You should see the MSM_Mac_Support_Tool folder in your downloads. If you have disabled Safari's automatic unzipping, click on MSM_Mac_Support_Tool in your downloads to unzip it.
- Open the MSM_Mac_Support_Tool folder. Right click on MSM_create_support_data.sh.command and select Open. A window might pop up. If so, click Open again.
- The script will run in a terminal window. Once it shows "Process Completed", close the terminal window.
- You should now see a file named MSM_support_data_mac.zip in the MSM_Mac_Support_Tool folder.
- Attach your MSM_support_data_mac.zip file to your support email or ticket.